University of Exeter, UK: PhD studentships and bursaries

Lygo, Emily E.F.Lygo at EXETER.AC.UK
Tue Feb 16 10:01:41 UTC 2010

The Department of Modern Languages at the University of Exeter is offering excellent funding opportunities for exceptional researchers across a range of subjects. We are offering:
*

Three AHRC PhD Studentships (open to UK/EU students in French, Russian and Italian only): all tuition fees paid for three years. UK students will also receive an annual maintenance grant for three years. (In 2009/10 this grant was £13,290; the grant for 2010/11 is yet to be announced).

*       Up to 7 full doctoral fee bursaries (Home/EU rate) supported by an additional £3,000 per year for contribution of up to 270 hours over the three years of funding to undergraduate teaching or other activities supporting teaching or research. UK/EU and International students are eligible for these awards which run over three years.

Modern Languages welcomes applications for Doctoral research across the full range of our research areas, including for practice-based doctorates in Film and Translation. We also welcome research proposals to be undertaken in collaboration with another department at Exeter (e.g. with English, History, International Relations, etc).
Visit www.exeter.ac.uk/languages<http://www.exeter.ac.uk/languages> for more information about our research.
For details of the studentships and bursaries and how to apply please visit: http://admin.exeter.ac.uk/academic/scholarships/search/scholarship.php?id=353

Dr Emily Lygo
Lecturer in Russian