Using the indefinite articles

Grover Furr-FM furrg_nj at FASTMAIL.FM
Sat Feb 20 13:22:39 UTC 2010

Dear Professor Israeli:

That's great! I'll try to find this journal through ILL.

I was about to write (so I still will) to ask whether this use of "odin"
as a kind of indefinite article could be due to the influence of German
or English -- whether it's used this way mainly by educated Russians.

Or, perhaps, originated in that way, in the 18th and early 19th
centuries when modern standard written Russian was in formation.

Sincerely,

Grover Furr
Montclair SU