Russian Narcotics Terminology, both technical and Slang

Brian Stearns Brianw.stearns at GMAIL.COM
Mon Feb 22 08:30:50 UTC 2010

I will be in Tajikistan this summer researching the impact of narcotics
trafficking on the state. To this end I will be having many discussions in
Russian about the drug trade, with (hopefully) representatives from both sides
of the issue. It occurred to me recently that my drug terminology was limited
to what I picked up from my old Russian roommate and limited to a college
jargon. Does anyone know where I could learn the appropriate technical and
slang vocabulary for this topic? Either in book, website or any format?
Thanks,
-Brian