Russian Narcotics Terminology, both technical and Slang

Alina Israeli aisrael at AMERICAN.EDU
Mon Feb 22 12:43:44 UTC 2010

http://www.notodrugs.ru/facts/marijuana.php
http://narkota.info/sleng-i-ezopov-yazyk-narkomanov/
http://rastafun.ru/
http://www.narkotiki.ru/research_5976.html
http://www.narkotiki.ru/internet_6602.html
http://www.sudexpert.kz/rus/expertisa/vidy%20expertis/narkotiki/
narkotiki.html

On Feb 22, 2010, at 3:30 AM, Brian Stearns wrote:

> I will be in Tajikistan this summer researching the impact of
> narcotics
> trafficking on the state. To this end I will be having many
> discussions in
> Russian about the drug trade, with (hopefully) representatives from
> both sides
> of the issue. It occurred to me recently that my drug terminology
> was limited
> to what I picked up from my old Russian roommate and limited to a
> college
> jargon. Does anyone know where I could learn the appropriate
> technical and
> slang vocabulary for this topic? Either in book, website or any
> format?
> Thanks,
> -Brian

>   options, and more.  Visit and bookmark the SEELANGS Web Interface
> at:
> ---

Alina Israeli
Associate Professor of Russian