"Translators Struggle to Prove Their Academic Bona Fides"

Nora Favorov norafavorov at BELLSOUTH.NET
Sun Feb 28 16:44:01 UTC 2010

On Fri, 26 Feb 2010 14:27:22 +0300, Josh Wilson <jwilson at SRAS.ORG> wrote:

Dear Josh,
Since you have taken on the task of trying to educate some potential
translation end users, you might be interested in a booklet developed by the
American Translators Association called "Getting It Right." It has little to
do with literary translation, the focus of the Chronicle article that
spawned this discussion, but it does point out the pitfalls awaiting
inexperienced or unqualified translators (and their clients) and provides
examples of a few lovely bloopers. It can be found here:
https://www.atanet.org/docs/Getting_it_right.pdf

Best wishes,
Nora Favorov