translation help

Panorama of Russia michaelbraun at VERIZON.NET
Wed Jan 6 20:44:37 UTC 2010

Dear SEELANGers,

I am trying to translate the title of a book by
Nikoletta Marchalis into English. Ëþòîðü èæå
ëþòü. Ïðåíèå î âåðå öàðÿ Èâàíà Ãðîçíîãî ñ
ïàñòîðîì Ðîêèòîé. The best I can manage is Cruel
of the cruel. The argument about faith between
Tsar Ivan the Terrible and pastor Rokita. My
native Russian speaking colleague doesn't accept it, but can't improve it.

Can anybody set me straight?

Thanks in advance.

Michael Braun