aaass 2010 experimental cinema panel

Daria Shembel dshembel at YAHOO.COM
Tue Jan 12 12:25:49 UTC 2010

Dear Seelangers,
we are looking for one more participant to take part in the panel  “Russian Experimental
Film and New Media” that investigates a dialogue between innovative Soviet filmmakers
(e.g. Vertov, Tarkovsky, Paradjanov) and contemporary digital culture.  So far we have a
paper on the connections between 1920s and early 30s experimental film and contemporary
television; and a paper on Dziga Vertov and open source technology. Please contact me at
dshembel at yahoo.com asap if you're interested in joining the panel.

Thank you very much,

Daria Shembel, Ph.D
Department of European Studies, SDSU