Seeking to join AAASS panel with paper on hunting/ecocriticism/19th century Russian literature

Ian Helfant ihelfant at MAIL.COLGATE.EDU
Wed Jan 13 17:42:15 UTC 2010

Dear colleagues -- I'm jumping far too late into the fray this year with an
offer to join a panel in need of a paper that would draw upon my ongoing
work on ecocritical approaches to hunting and 19th-century Russian
literature.  Specific topics include a comparative analysis of the
ornithology and hunting of Aksakov and Audubon, Tolstoy's renunciation of
hunting and his literary representations of hunting, and the relationship
between hunters and scientists as exemplified in imperial Russia's hunting
journals.  If you have a logical place for such a paper, please contact me
at ihelfant at colgate.edu ASAP.  I'd also be able to serve as a chair and
possiblly as a discussant for a panel in need of one.

Ian Helfant, Ph.D.
Associate Dean of the Faculty
Assoc. Prof. and Chair of Russian
110 McGregory Hall