MIPP Books?

Wed Jan 20 17:42:19 UTC 2010

[Resending because I didn't notice originally that Prof. Browne was
diverting all replies to his private address]

E Wayles Browne wrote:

> Dear Paul,
> I get catalogs from MIPP every day or two. I usually go through the
> catalogs to see what is new. Sometimes I order books from MIPP,
> and they give comparatively good service.
> If you are getting too many catalogs, answer
> MIPP and tell them "I am interested only in.... and not in ....."

Thanks, everyone, for your replies.

If you are a library who buys from them regularly, I could understand
them sending frequent updates, even as often as one every several days.

I, on the other hand, have never bought a thing, and yet they see fit to
inundate me with their solicitations. I'm still not sure whether they're
stupid or rude (the two often go hand in hand), but I've seen from the
replies that they do have something positive to offer.

The conventional wisdom on spammers is that you do not reply (including
"unsubscribe" links) because that proves you're a "live one" and enables
them to resell your address for a higher price to other spammers. But
based on what I've learned here I won't hesitate to contact them and
demand better treatment.

Paul B. Gallagher
pbg translations, inc.
http://pbg-translations.com