CFP on Czes ław Miłoszfor AATSEEL 2011

David Goldfarb davidagoldfarb at GMAIL.COM
Fri Jun 11 17:59:26 UTC 2010

Dear Colleagues,

2011 will be officially declared the "Rok Miłosza" in honor of the
centennial of the poet's birth, and if no one is already organizing a
panel for the AATSEEL convention, which meets Jan. 6-9, 2011 (note
that the date will shift forward from the usual December schedule, so
there will be no 2010 meeting, following the MLA's change in
schedule), I would like to propose one.  If someone is already
planning a Miłosz panel for AATSEEL or MLA, please contact me, and we
can coordinate.  If you think you might like to present a paper on
such a panel on any topic regarding Czesław Miłosz, please e-mail a
brief abstract including your professional affiliation and status or
position to me as soon as possible at
<dgoldfarb at polishculture-nyc.org>, and I will write a proposal based
on the best group of abstracts submitted that hang together as a
panel.

Proposals for fully formed panels at AATSEEL 2011 are due July 1,
2010, so the sooner you can get your abstract to me, the more likely
it will be that we will have a viable panel.  In conformity with
AATSEEL's bylaws, all conference participants must be members of
AATSEEL in good standing and must preregister for the conference by
September 30, 2010.

David A. Goldfarb
Literary Curator
Polish Cultural Institute