Сыт по горло- Stuffed to the gills

Mark Kingdom k2kingdom at GMAIL.COM
Sun Jun 13 15:16:58 UTC 2010

Hi All,

Until today, I thought "сыт по горло" was more or less the equivalent of
"stuffed to the gills",
to be used at the dinner table when the hostess offers you yet another
serving of pelmeni or borscht.

But a native speaker told me today that, No, it's not used that way. It's
used only in a negative way, Like:

"All you ever do is complain. I'm сыт по горло with all your complaints."

As always, I turn to the native speakers here for their opinion.

Thanks,

Mark