Russian Poetry and Elegy, AATSEEL 2011

Molly Thomasy Blasing thomasy at WISC.EDU
Wed Jun 16 20:36:56 UTC 2010

Dear SEELANGERS,
My colleague, David Houston, and I are seeking a third speaker for a panel on Russian poetry and elegy for the AATSEEL conference in Pasadena (January, 2011).

We would be delighted to hear from anyone interested in giving a paper on elegy or, more broadly, on poetic representations of death and loss, problems of memory and exile, or other related themes.  We also welcome papers from scholars working in Slavic languages and literatures other than Russian.

For more information and/or to express interest, please contact me off-list at thomasy at wisc.edu.

Please note that the deadline for proposals is July 1.

Best wishes,
Molly