Soviet Military Images

Chris Ryan cjryan.az at GMAIL.COM
Mon Jun 21 21:56:23 UTC 2010

Dear Seelangers,

I recently watched a Chernobyl documentary, where the host toured the town
of Pripyat, and visited a high school. On the wall in one of the rooms,
several posters appeared depicting cartoon images of American military
aircraft and hardware, along with their Russified name.

The title of the poster appears to be "средства воздушного нападнения
противника и их тактико-технические данные" (sredstva vozdushnogo
napadneniya protivnika i ikh taktiko-tekhnicheskie dannye)

I've posted the images at my personal website here:
http://blacksunr.webfactional.com/soviet/index.php

My first question is, if possible, do you know where to find these? Perhaps
in a book, or another publication?

My second question is, were these commonplace items? Would these be a common
fixture in schoolhouses and kindergartens across the Soviet Union?

Thank you!

Sincerely,
Chris Ryan, U. Arizona grad student