SEELINGSPOST: Educational Centre Cosmopolitan

Stephen Beet StephenRBeet at GMAIL.COM
Wed Mar 3 11:38:59 UTC 2010

Dear Victor,  I can greatly recommend the Educational Centre Cosmopolitan
 http://cosmo-nsk.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=44&Itemid=82

I've attended for several years and the facilities and pastoral care
are really excellent.  It's run by Natalia Bodrova and her team in
Novosibirsk, Sibera and as you can see from the website, it's really
well organised and very popular with students and universities wanting
to send students to a safe environment.  I know it works out great
value compared to Moscow or St Petersburg or home stays.  There's
great evening entertainment and everything is run to a theme and there
are creativity workshops in the afternoon too.

They run four two-week sessions in the summer from June through to
August and also a winter season.   Students can apply either as
students of the Russian language, or as volunteer teachers, which
reduces the participation fee.   I think students have to be 18 to
volunteer as teachers.  There are lots of Russian children aged 8 to
17 with whom you can work, and they are so keen to learn and
appreciative.

The facility is very comfortable on the banks of the River Ob just
outside Novosibirsk.  It's a really great opportunity to study Russian
because there are several lessons every day in very small groups
tailored to the individual needs.

Volunteer teachers also have Russian lessons and teach the Russian
children English in the mornings in small groups.  It's a great
experience.   The food is good, there is full support and I know many
students return for several years.

If you want further information, look at the website or if you e-mail
me I can tell you more.  You need have no reservations on safety
grounds as the whole programme is wonderfully run.

Best wishes,
StephenRBeet at gmail.com
Stephen Beet