R: [SEELANGS] "Lenin lives" (was Mr. Mayakovsky too died in the gulag)

Luciano Di Cocco luciano.dicocco at TIN.IT
Wed Mar 3 13:33:48 UTC 2010

As far as I know (I don't know Hebrew too), the main distinction in ancient Hebrew was aspect, different but similar to modern Slavic languages. Anyway Semitic languages have other ways to express very subtle distinction in verbal forms, so they can be very vague or very accurate in tense distinctions, as the author desires.

Luciano Di Cocco