Russian opera transliterations/translations

Christina Manetti manetti.christina at GMAIL.COM
Mon Mar 15 07:43:12 UTC 2010

Dear SEELANGS members,

A little while ago someone on the list was interested in transliterations of Russian
operas. I asked someone I know about this who might know, and his reply was:

"The only resources that I know of this nature are two books by Anton Belov
published by Leyerle Press. One is devoted to operas based on Pushkin sources,
and one is devoted to the most often-performed Russian operas. They include a
word-for-word translation and IPA transcription of the complete text of each
opera, along with a pronunciation guide and synopsis of the plots."

Hope this helps.

Greetings from
Christina Manetti