translator/publisher needed

June Farris jpf3 at UCHICAGO.EDU
Mon May 3 15:19:46 UTC 2010

I am passing on this request from a fellow librarian who has been contacted about trying to find a translator for a Russian manuscript.  Please contact Jon Giullian directly if you have any suggestions.  Thanks very much.
June Farris

Here is the text of the request:
 "...having read several of David M. Glantz' studies of The Russian German conflict of 1941-45,I write to ask if you can give me information about any parties, universities or institutes, which may be interested in translating into English, from original Russian, and perhaps publishing, a Family History of life in Russia and the Soviet Union. The History spans Tsarist times, The 1917 Revolution, The Civil War of 1921-23 the period leading up to and including The Great Patriotic War and the years after it culminating in life in the Russia of today. This manuscript has been written by a professional woman, a lifelong resident of Russia after a great deal of research into her family history"
Respond to:
Jon Giullian
Librarian for Slavic & Eurasian Studies
Watson Library
1425 Jayhawk Blvd., Rm 519
Lawrence, KS 66045
ph. (785) 864-8854
fax (785) 864-3850
http://www.lib.ku.edu/~public/slavic/slavlibstaff.shtml

_________________
June Pachuta Farris
Bibliographer for Slavic, East European and Eurasian Studies
Bibliographer for General Linguistics
Room 263 Regenstein Library
University of Chicago
1100 E. 57th Street