Software for subtitling video

David Goldfarb davidagoldfarb at GMAIL.COM
Mon May 3 15:42:43 UTC 2010

Can anyone recommend Windows video editing software that has a
convenient method of adding subtitles?  I have an old version of
Pinnacle video editing software, which would allow me to do this by
making transparent slides with opaque text in JPEG format in an image
editing program like Photoshop and superimposing those slides on the
video, but it seems there must be an easier way by now, where I could
just type a text caption in the video editing program and insert it at
the relevant spot.  Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

David A. Goldfarb
http://www.davidagoldfarb.com