Software for subtitling video

Vanchu, Anthony J. (JSC-AH)[BARRIOS TECHNOLOGY] anthony.j.vanchu at NASA.GOV
Mon May 3 17:21:09 UTC 2010

Try Windows Movie Maker.  Though not the most elegant program for this, it allows you to subtitle.  I've done a number of space-related Russian films, adding Russian subtitles.  If you need further information, please don't hesitate to contact me personally.

Tony Vanchu

Anthony Vanchu
Director, JSC Language Education Center
NASA Johnson Space Center
TechTrans International, Inc.
Houston, TX
(281) 483-0644

From: SEELANGS: Slavic & East European Languages and Literatures list [SEELANGS at bama.ua.edu] On Behalf Of David Goldfarb [davidagoldfarb at GMAIL.COM]
Sent: Monday, May 03, 2010 10:42 AM
To: SEELANGS at bama.ua.edu
Subject: [SEELANGS] Software for subtitling video

Can anyone recommend Windows video editing software that has a
convenient method of adding subtitles?  I have an old version of
Pinnacle video editing software, which would allow me to do this by
making transparent slides with opaque text in JPEG format in an image
editing program like Photoshop and superimposing those slides on the
video, but it seems there must be an easier way by now, where I could
just type a text caption in the video editing program and insert it at
the relevant spot.  Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

David A. Goldfarb
http://www.davidagoldfarb.com