Fall semester deadlines to study in Russia

Lisa Horner l_horner at ACG.RU
Wed May 12 05:34:04 UTC 2010

Dear SEELANGERs,

The School of Russian and Asian Studies (SRAS) would like to remind you
about application deadlines for our fall programs.

In addition to the standard programs listed below we also provide custom
options based on your interests or research projects - contact us at
study at sras.org.

We also assist with professor-led tours - see
<http://sras.org/faculty_led_travel> for more info.

Please see our page on funding opportunities for American students
- <http://www.sras.org/grants_and_scholarships_for_russia>

We offer the following standard programs:

*Russian Studies Abroad*
This program provides a program core of intense language study and cultural
immersion, plus a range of electives in English covering subjects from
culture and history to politics and economics.
Hosted in Moscow.
Site: <http://sras.org/russian_studies>
Dates: Aug.30-Dec.12, 2010
Application deadline: May 17, 2010

*Siberian Studies*
This course offers intensive Russian language training at your level, plus
courses in English on the history, development and current state of Siberia.
Hosted in Irkutsk.
Site: <http://sras.org/study_siberia>
Dates:  Aug.30-Dec.17, 2010.
Application deadline: May 17, 2010.

*Russian Far East*
You'll be immersed in Russian language courses while studying the economics,
history, and politics of the region (in English) while living in its most
powerful economic and military center.
Hosted in Vladivostok (all language levels) or Khabarovsk (advanced Russian
speakers).
Site: <http://sras.org/study_russian_far_east>
Dates:  Aug.30-Dec.17, 2010.
Application deadline: May 17, 2010.

*Bordertalk: Sino-Russian Relations*
Bordertalk examines the historically turbulent relationship between Russia
and China, which today is influenced by the two countries' interaction as
trade partners in energy, arms, and consumer goods, as they compete for
influence in resource-rich Central Asia, and as Chinese interest in
investment in Siberia grows.
Hosted in Irkutsk or Vladivostok.
Site: <http://sras.org/study_russia_china_relations>
Dates:  Aug.30-Dec.17, 2010.
Application deadline: May 17, 2010.

*Russian as a Second Language*
Intensive language study in Nizhny Novgorod, Novosibirsk, Irkutsk,
Vladivostok, Bishkek (Kyrgyz language also available), Moscow, St.
Petersburg, Kiev, or Odessa.
Site: <http://sras.org/study_russian_abroad>
Dates:  Aug.30-Dec.17, 2010.
Application deadline: May 17, 2010.

If you have interest in study abroad or research abroad in Russia, Ukraine,
or Kyrgyzstan, contact us at study at sras.org for advice from your own
personal consultant.

Best,

Lisa Horner