taking poll on pronunciation

Inna Caron caron.4 at BUCKEYEMAIL.OSU.EDU
Sun May 16 20:21:50 UTC 2010

Dear SEELANGers:

where do native speakers of English place the stress in "Borodino"? I heard at least two variations. One has better rhyming potential than the other, but I would like to use the pronunciation most likely assumed by an English-speaking reader who may or may not be familiar with the historical term.

Thank you!

IC