Huffington Blog Post: Sophia Tolstoy

Daniel Rancour-Laferriere darancourlaferriere at COMCAST.NET
Tue May 18 19:24:04 UTC 2010

Dear Alexandra Popoff,

What you write there is certainly familiar, for you describe the woman many of us have always thought Sophia Andreevna was.  We have not all been brainwashed by Chertkov.  Furthermore, many scholars have studied the Tolstoy marriage in considerable detail (e.g., du Plessix Gray 1994, Zhdanov 1993 [1928], Asquith 1961, Feiler 1981, Smoluchowski 1988, and Shirer 1994).  In ignoring these predecessors (according to the Amazon search of your book), are you not re-inventing the bicycle?

With regards to the list,

Daniel Rancour-Laferriere

http://Rancour-Laferriere.com