SEELANGS Digest - 19 May 2010 to 20 May 2010 (#2010-178)

Donna Orwin donna.orwin at UTORONTO.CA
Mon May 24 15:56:15 UTC 2010

Dear Colleagues,

Before the discussion veers off into issues of theory of translation, I want
to weigh in with my gratitude and admiration for Robert Chandler as a
translator of Pushkin, Platonov, V. Grossman, and others.  I have taught his
translation of *The Captain's Daughter* to several different groups, and it
works brilliantly.

Best to all,

Donna Orwin

________________________________
Donna Tussing Orwin, Professor
Department of Slavic Languages and Literature
University of Toronto
President, Tolstoy Society
Alumni Hall 415
121 St. Joseph St.