Czech traslation help

Michael Trittipo mike.trittipo at GMAIL.COM
Thu Nov 18 15:41:05 UTC 2010

Ca. 2010/11/17 Michael Trittipo <mike.trittipo at gmail.com>: wrote"
> . . . "Být k mání" means to be available, to be at hand
> -- "k dostání." ...[N]ot in the SSČ, but I suppose (not having an
> etymological dictionary at hand ... that's it's from French manier

I was wrong to speculate about derivation.  I shouldn't write anything
after two Asahi Blacks at the corner Japanese restaurant.  On the way
to work this morning I'm not thinking of anything, just looking at the
river going by as I pass, and suddenly think "mít." It's just the
podstatné jméno slovesné: something that's not to be had, not for the
having, is not available or at hand.  Silly me.  Still no mania,
obsession, or frustration, but . . ..