a funny book, anyone? SUMMARY

Slava Paperno slava.paperno at CORNELL.EDU
Sun Nov 28 05:55:31 UTC 2010

A few weeks ago I asked for suggestions for "light-hearted humor" written in Russian in 1960-1990. I am now posting all responses we have seen. Many thanks to everyone!

====
Rasskazy Irakliia Andronnikova

Fazil Iskander - Sexy Little Giant, Goatibex Constellation (Sozvezdie kozlotura) and others

Collections of stories by Arkanov, Slavkin, Gorin, Uspenskij, Altov and many others. This collection illustrates it: http://fantlab.ru/edition3257.

Outside the USSR Sevela's Остановите самолет я слезу seemed very funny at the time: http://lib.ru/INPROZ/SEVELA/samolet.txt.

Voinovich's "The Life and Extraordinary Adventures of Private Ivan Chonkin."

Sergey Dovlatov's rasskazy.

Moskva-Petushki (Venedikt Yerofeyev).

Yurij Koval'--anything, but especially Samaia legkaia lodka v mire.

The funny stuff [by] people like Vladimir Maramzin, Alexei Khvostenko.

Siniavsky can be very funny; Dovlatov, Iskander, Volokhonsky, Brodsky, Voinovich, Galich, Okudzhava, Yulij Kim, much of Vysotsky, Oleg Grigoriev, and  Venichka Erofeev.

Братья Стругацкие. "Понедельник начинается в субботу".

If children's literature counts, then Mikhail Korshunov's "Karaul, tigry!" published in 1973, probably written in the 60s.

Vladimir Kunin's Иванов и Рабинович или Ай гоу ту Хайфа: http://www.stugna.kiev.ua/index.php?pirs=i_go_to_haifa&st=part1.
====

Slava