Google is OHA ??

John Dingley jdingley at YORKU.CA
Mon Oct 18 14:20:00 UTC 2010

Hi,

As with Google (Gugl), so does "euro (evro)" present Russians (and others)
with gender problems. In Russian it is officially masculine, although
neuter agreement is frequently heard and written. This is exactly
the case in German, where "Euro" is "officially" masculine but "das Euro"
is frequently used, which is not surprising given its shape.
The masculine gender is usually explained by analogy with "dollar".

7 years ago I put together a piece on the gender of Euro in the
Slavic languages. Although in Finnish, it is readily understandable
by all:

http://members.shaw.ca/johndingley/johnd07/Tempo1/Victoria/europdf.pdf

Of course things may have changed in the meantime.

John Dingley