Elena Shchepina

Jason Merrill merril25 at CAL.MSU.EDU
Tue Oct 19 15:02:42 UTC 2010

It is with great sadness that I inform you of the death of Elena
Nikolaevna Shchepina in St. Petersburg on Saturday. After teaching in
the Norwich Russian School for many years, Elena taught in the
Middlebury Russian School from 2001-2010, where she led our Advanced
Russian course and contributed great energy and enthusiasm to the
program every year. She will be sorely missed by the many colleagues and
students who have had the good fortune to work with her.

Condolences can be sent to the Middlebury Russian School, and we will
send them on when we have proper contact information. The email address
is schoolofrussian at middlebury.edu
<mailto:schoolofrussian at middlebury.edu>. We are planning a memorial
service for Elena at the Russian School next summer and hoping to create
a scholarship in her name to support the study of Russian at the
advanced level.

Sincerely,
Jason Merrill

--

Associate Professor of Russian, Department of Linguistics and Languages
Director, Middlebury College Kathryn Wasserman Davis School of Russian