Computer-assisted language learning: activities and techniques?

Slava Paperno slava.paperno at CORNELL.EDU
Wed Oct 20 14:12:20 UTC 2010

The only class time my students spend using technology is the one weekly advanced writing class where I talk to each of them and also the group as they are revising their essays in the lab. They write the essays online (from home) the night before, then I read and annotate these drafts before the class, and during the class I discuss the trickier problems with each, and address common problems in a general discussion as they work on their revisions. Like Robin, I also use this time to show them how to use the online resources (including the Национальный корпус русского языка at http://ruscorpora.ru/) to find many of the answers. Other than that, technology is used, one way or another, in practically every homework assignment.

Slava Paperno