Programs, Grants, and Call for Papers

Josh Wilson jwilson at SRAS.ORG
Mon Oct 25 19:39:48 UTC 2010

Dear SEELANGERs,

A few quick announcements from SRAS:

First, deadlines on most of our spring programs have been extended to
*October 29th.* This includes our Translate Abroad Internships (now
available in three cities) and our revamped Russian Studies Abroad program.
Our new Central Asian Studies program has a new application deadline of Nov
15th. See http://www.sras.org/programs for full info and let your students
know!

Second, our SRAS Research Grant ($1,000) for 2010-2011 is still open. See
http://www.sras.org/research_grants_russia for full info (and let your
students know!) And congrats to Caitlin Jebens of the University of South
Carolina who was awarded our Charles Braver Language Exploration Grant for
Spring, 2010!

Third, Vestnik has entered publication again! The new issue of our scholarly
student journal has articles up on Belorussian partisans, Babel's
"Dovecoat," Tolstoy's views on education, and we even broached the very
scary subject of Nabokov (just in time for Halloween!). Still to come are
pieces on Gogol's portrait and Irkutsk's environmental groups. Tune into
http://www.sras.org/vestnik_-_issue_8_winter_2010 for full coverage - and
let your students that we are accepting submissions again until Dec 15th for
our next issue!

Best to all,

Josh Wilson
Assistant Director
The School of Russian and Asian Studies
Editor in Chief
Vestnik, The Journal of Russian and Asian Studies
SRAS.org
jwilson at sras.org