Russians seem to avoid using N, S, E, W

Bradley Agnew Gorski bradleygorski at GMAIL.COM
Fri Sep 3 11:34:36 UTC 2010

Last weekend's NYTimes Magazine featured an article that cites, at length,
another Australian aboriginal language that uses cardinal instead of
egocentric directions. The article uses examples from a language called
Guugu Yimithirr via researchers John Haviland and Stephen Levinson, but the
phenomenon seems parallel.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/08/29/magazine/29language-t.html?pagewanted=all

Bradley

Guugu Yimithirr John Haviland and later the linguist Stephen Levinson

bradleygorski at gmail.com
+7.965.287.2737