Russians seem to avoid using N, S, E, W

Psy Ling psyling at YMAIL.COM
Fri Sep 3 12:15:38 UTC 2010

A Russian person came to me for a visit. She asked where is the subway. I said:
"Exit the house, go to the West (to the right), then turn left (which will be
South), go 700 meters and on the right hand (which is West) you will see the
sign of a subway station. It is such and such"
She became really - really mad. "Do you think I am an idiot? Can you tell me in
an easier way? Go right turn left and then you will see the  subway?"

The way most of the Russians explain how to get somewhere is "Go straight ahead
and then you sill see it. It is not far", which makes me mad :-)

 Psy Ling