Teffi - Skazochka - a leshii in a French forest

greniers at GEORGETOWN.EDU greniers at GEORGETOWN.EDU
Mon Sep 6 01:31:24 UTC 2010

 Видеть невозможно, до того самому смешно делается.

Dear Robert,

I agree with Hugh McLean that the above sentence refers to the boy, but I don't think "videt' nevozmozhno" means that he literally shuts his eyes. It's just means "nevozmozhno videt' bez smekha".  I also agree that  У Гриши так в
> горле и защекотало и ноги задрыгали --probably shows how Grisha can't help himself from laughing and shaking.  Like Hugh, I cannot put a psychiatric diagnosis (like 'hysteria') on it.

Best,
Svetlana