MOROZKO (and a SECOND question!)

Edward Dumanis edseelangs at GMAIL.COM
Mon Sep 6 18:20:12 UTC 2010

1. Turning verbs are standard verbs associated with work: cf. with
idioms "крутиться (вертеться) как белка в колесе" (to be very busy)
and "чуть не так повернёшься" (just make something not quite right),
and with contemporary slang meaning of the verb "крутиться" as to do
different odd works.
 I'd prefer "Do things nimbly enough - you get beaten.  Do things not
enough nimbly - you get beaten.  Do things just right - and you still
get beaten."

2. I think that "sinful soul" sounds in English much stronger than the
corresponding Russian words where it formed a stable pair for an
everyday usage. So, I'd drop "sinful" in translation. Also, I think
that the idea here is not in the soul going to God but rather in the
soul leaving her body.
I would say,  "God must have sent you to TAKE my soul."

Regards,