Tsars as healers?

Luciano Di Cocco luciano.dicocco at TIN.IT
Sat Sep 11 14:21:35 UTC 2010

This one is connected with the thread about Mary as coredemptrix. It is a personal curiosity, not an academic question.
I know that Roman emperors were supposed to be healers and/or performers of miracles. And that in the middle ages and in early modernity kings by divine right were supposed, at least in folk religion, to share the same attribute.
I have read that a similar conception lasted in Russia until recent times. Is this true? If so, how long have it lasted? Was Nicholas II supposed, at least in folk piety, to be a healer? If so, did his manifest incapacity to heal his own son have some effect in the popular vision of him?

As I've said, this is only a personal curiosity.

All best
Luciano Di Cocco