Thanks - and another skazka question

Robert Chandler kcf19 at DIAL.PIPEX.COM
Mon Sep 13 09:34:51 UTC 2010

Dear Josh and all,

Register does, of course, matter, as well as accuracy.  Nothing would induce
me to have a peasant in a folk tale talking about "Russian crepes" - whether
for a British or for an American audience!

Though I shall certainly try to remember your suggestion in case I need to
translate 'bliny' in some other context.

Many thanks both to you and to Will Ryan for your very informative messages!

All the best,

R.