R: [SEELANGS] Russian rock video caption bank now available

Six, Irina Anatolyevna irinasix at KU.EDU
Tue Sep 14 15:20:05 UTC 2010

I use this song in my Contemporary Russian Culture class at KU. As  I remember from my extensive reading on Shevchuk, this song was written after the death of his wife Elmira. Elmira died in the age of 24 of cancer in 1992. They had one son Peter.  I was looking for literary reference of this songs, but could not trace any mentioning of it

Dr. Irina Six
The University of Kansas

irinasix at ku.edu
www.ku.edu/~slavic <http://www.ku.edu/~slavic>

________________________________

From: SEELANGS: Slavic & East European Languages and Literatures list on behalf of Luciano Di Cocco
Sent: Sun 9/12/2010 1:11 PM
To: SEELANGS at bama.ua.edu
Subject: [SEELANGS] R: [SEELANGS] Russian rock video caption bank now available

Very useful. As I see captions for ???, as an old fan I have a personal question. One of my favorite ??? song was ?? ???? ??????. A Russian friend said that according to her the lyrics had some strong literary reference, but she couldn't remember which. Is it true? The song, with lyrics is here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yIGj2vNze0k

I don't know if for copyright reasons I can post the lyrics, but they are with the song, and anyway they are very easy to follow, even for a beginner like me.

Luciano Di Cocco