Race in Russia

Josh Wilson jwilson at SRAS.ORG
Thu Sep 16 14:54:38 UTC 2010

Dear SEELANGERs,

The School of Russian and Asian Studies has released its "heavy"
back-to-school newsletter. This year, we focus on Race in Russia with three
interviews from three "expat" ethnic minorities who have lived and worked in
Moscow long-term. Each has a different story to tell from a different
perspective. We have also a new article on the Chinese immigrant population
in Vladivostok and two updated Library entries: Religion in Russia, and
Central Asia (where most of Russia's sizeable immigrant population hails).

In other sections, you'll find recipes for Kvass, YouTube videos for
Russia's current top movies and music, and a new online test on cases in
Russian (you can make an educator account with us and track how your
students do!)

We are also excited to announce that at long last our new site is online.
Among other things, it offers a new program search engine to make browsing
our highly varied and innovative study abroad programs easier.

*Our latest newsletter: <http://www.sras.org/newsletter2.php?m=451>

*Our program search engine: <http://www.sras.org/programs>

*Our new resources page (everything in one place):
<http://www.sras.org/projects>

Our next newsletter issue will focus on translation as a profession!

Subscriptions to the newsletter are free. Just click "subscribe" in the
newsletter section of our homepage www.sras.org <http://www.sras.org/>  and
fill out the tiny little form.

Oh, and deadlines for our spring programs are coming up October 15th! Let
your students know!

Josh Wilson
Assistant Director
The School of Russian and Asian Studies
Editor in Chief
Vestnik, The Journal of Russian and Asian Studies
SRAS.org
jwilson at sras.org