Spellcheck for Word Windows and Mac

Richard Robin rrobin at GWU.EDU
Thu Sep 16 15:14:09 UTC 2010

In Windows, using both Office 2007 and Office 2009, I use the Microsoft
Russian pack. It is available through many Russian vendors (some of whom
don't exactly... uh... vend.) It's also probably available on the Microsoft
site, if not .com, then probably . ru. The Rusian language pack includes a
spellchecker, a fairly useless grammar checker (it catches all the commas),
synonyms and antonyms.

-Rich Robin

If you use Google docs or even Gmail, you can mark text as Russian and it
will be checked. But Google docs produce lots of false positives.

On Thu, Sep 16, 2010 at 4:57 AM, Frans Suasso <franssuasso at hotmail.com>wrote:

>  Op 16-9-2010 3:10, Benjamin Rifkin schreef:
>
>  Dear SEELANGers:
>>

>> If you use Russian spellcheck in Word for Windows or Mac platform and like
>> your spellcheck program, could you please say what you're using and where
>> you got it?
>>

>> I myself use Mac but I have students who are Mac and Windows users.
>>

>> Thanks for your recommendations.
>>

>> Sincerely,
>>

>> Ben Rifkin
>> The College of New Jersey

>>   options, and more.  Visit and bookmark the SEELANGS Web Interface at:
>>                     http://seelangs.home.comcast.net/
>>
> For MS Word (Office) up to Word 2007 Orfo 9 is a very good spell checker.
> For Word 2010 you need Orfo 10, which was released in the first week of
> september.
> I bought my copy  from Amazon germany (amazon.de)   for about 50 euro.
>
> Orfo is the most used spellcheck program in Russia.   However do not buy it
> in Russia, because it might work only with a Russian version of windows.
>

> Frans Suasso.

>                   http://seelangs.home.comcast.net/

Richard M. Robin
Director Russian Language Program