Mellon Teaching Post-Doctoral Fellowship at Penn

Kevin M. F. Platt kmfplatt at SAS.UPENN.EDU
Thu Sep 16 22:19:24 UTC 2010

Dear colleagues:

Please help to distribute this call for applications to your qualified
recent PhDs. Note that inquiries should be sent to my deans, rather
than to me. I can field questions about the program, though, if there
are interested applicants who would like guidance in completing the
application.

Thanks for your help,

Kevin M. F. Platt, UPenn

MELLON POSTDOCTORAL TEACHING FELLOWSHIPS In the Humanities and
Humanistic Social Sciences 2011-2013

The University of Pennsylvania School of Arts and Sciences invites
applicants for four two-year postdoctoral teaching fellowships in the
humanities and humanistic social sciences.  Fellows will teach one
course per term.  Eligibility is limited to applicants who will have
received their Ph.D. within two years prior to the time they begin
their fellowship at Penn (August, 2009 or later) $48,000 stipend.
Application deadline:  November 30, 2010.  We are especially seeking
fellows in Music Theory, Art History (with particular emphasis in
Renaissance and/or Baroque), History (specializing in 19th-20th
century U.S. International history, or environmental history in any
place or time), East Asian Studies (specializing in East Asian
religion or East Asian popular culture), and South Asian Studies.

For guidelines and application, see the School of Arts and Sciences
website [http:www.sas.upenn.edu/deans-office/Mellon] or write:

Office of the Dean
School of Arts and Sciences
University of Pennsylvania
1 College Hall, Room 116
Philadelphia, PA  19104-6377

The University of Pennsylvania is an equal opportunity/affirmative
action employer; women and minority candidates are strongly encouraged
to apply.

Professor Kevin M. F. Platt
Chair, Program in Comparative Literature and Literary Theory
Acting Chair, Department of Slavic Languages and Literatures
720 Williams Hall
255 S. 36th Street
University of Pennsylvania
Philadelphia, PA 19104-6305