reading suggestions

Furman, Yelena yfurman at HUMNET.UCLA.EDU
Thu Sep 16 23:03:27 UTC 2010

Dear list members,
Once again, an appeal to your collective wisdom.  I am looking for critical and/or theoretical pieces on Russian detective fiction as well as detective fiction in general, and also more specific pieces on Dostoevskii's and Chekhov's relationship to this genre.  Sources in either English or Russian are fine.  I've come up with a few titles already, but want to make sure I'm not missing anything obvious.  If anyone has any recommendations in this area, please reply off list to yfurman at humnet.ucla.edu and as always, many thanks in advance.
-Yelena Furman