Is it the use of Dative vs Acc usativ e that clarifies the meaning of Учить?

Mark Kingdom k2kingdom at GMAIL.COM
Tue Sep 21 14:11:35 UTC 2010

...and thus, YES, it seems to be the usage of Dative vs Accusative that
determines meaning?

Я учу стихотворени*ю*.  ....now has the meaning of, "I am teaching a
poem..." (to an unnamed person.)

Just clarifying.  Thanks in advance!

Mark