Beginning Russian language group on Yahoogroups needs more lovers of Russian language

oothappam oothappam at earthlink.net
Tue Sep 21 16:34:10 UTC 2010

Dear SEELANGS members,

Do you know any enthusiastic students of Russian who might like to join an online learning/discussion group?

Our "RussianI" group on Yahoogroups needs them! We have had the group for 2 years. We have 41 members, most of whom are not posting, and a few very enthusiastic members who try to jeep it going. We need: people to help answer questions- teachers and native speakers, advanced students, AND more interested beginners(or people like me who are still beginners despite having already spent years with this language!)

There is another larger, more active Russian language yahoo group, but we started this newer one as there were some hurtful comments going on in the larger group, and some people felt intimidated.  We started our newer group as we wanted to provide a safe place for beginners,where they would feel welcome to ask about anything, no matter how basic.
I realise that our group is small because I have never made any effort to advertise. I know that each year there are  new high school and college students who decide to start their own journeys into these 6 confusing cases and  mystifying verbs of motion, and discover that they really do like this language, enough to pursue it further and want some outside help, support and just to have another resource. If you think that you know someone like that, please mention our group. RussianI at yahoogroups.com

Thank you!

Nola