pronunciation of ipod, ipad, mp3 player

FRISON Philippe Philippe.FRISON at COE.INT
Fri Sep 24 15:33:54 UTC 2010

 I found планшетный компьютер Ipad (айпад, айпед) or simply "планшет".
http://rus-ipad.ru/

for "компакт-диски", Russians need CD-плееры / плейеры...

You can find "айпод", but the browsers lead you more often to Latin "Ipod".

А куда пропал могучий русский язык?

Philippe Frison
(Strasbourg, France)

-----Original Message-----
From: SEELANGS: Slavic & East European Languages and Literatures list [mailto:SEELANGS at bama.ua.edu] On Behalf Of Stephanie Briggs
Sent: Friday 24 September 2010 17:13
To: SEELANGS at bama.ua.edu
Subject: Re: [SEELANGS] pronunciation of ipod, ipad, mp3 player

What about "CD player"? I was always confused by that, as the full name is
"kompakt disk" (Cyrillic doesn't always work on this, so I transliterated
it), but the acronym is "SeeDee". K versus S (i.e. C), right?

~Stephanie D. (Sures) Briggs
http://sdsures.blogspot.com/

Come have a look at my handmade knitted afghans and scarves!
THIRD SALE: 06/08/10!
http://warmochfuzzy.etsy.com/