20th Century Russian Works about the Caucasus

jeff brooks brooksjef at GMAIL.COM
Mon Sep 27 23:02:15 UTC 2010

Dear John, If I may. There was at least one wonderful kopeck novel set in
the Caucasus, and I describe it in When Russia Learned to Read. It was
serialized in Gazeta kopeika. Fun and fortune in Georgia. Russians go there
as I recall, plant tobacco and of course there is a Georgian princess. All
good cheer, Jeff Brooks