Recommendations for summer study with the family...

amarilis amarilis at BUGBYTES.COM
Tue Apr 5 22:14:19 UTC 2011

Dear SEELANGStsy:

I was wondering how much success list members have had going to Russia
with small ones in tow. I am particularly interested in maybe going for
language training in the summer, and my little ones will be eight and
four years old at the time. Their only language right now is English.
General issues of concern:

a. Housing. How did your children react to the difference in housing?
b. Day care/babysitters: Did you use any? How did they work out?
c. Tutoring for the children: Did you manage to get some Russian
tutoring on the side for your children? How did that work out?
d. Health care. Did your child get an ear infection? Strep? That rogue
five days worth of fever virus? How did you manage?
e. Your favorite memory of having your children with you in Russia.
f. Your least favorite memory of having your children with you in Russia.

Regards
Amarilis Lugo de Fabritz