Cyrillic and Latin characters

E Wayles Browne ewb2 at CORNELL.EDU
Mon Aug 29 02:03:02 UTC 2011

Dear Jules,
This has been done very systematically by some programmers in Toronto. Look at
http://www.chgk.info/~pkrs/123/frames.htm
and especially at what you get if you choose the option ABTOPACCKA3 (every time you hit CTAPT, it creates a new story for you).
They were somewhat more puristic than you, in that they did not use b and bI.
--
Wayles Browne, Assoc. Prof. of Linguistics
Department of Linguistics
Morrill Hall 220, Cornell University
Ithaca, New York 14853, U.S.A.

tel. 607-255-0712 (o), 607-273-3009 (h)
fax 607-255-2044 (write FOR W. BROWNE)
e-mail ewb2 at cornell.edu

From: SEELANGS: Slavic & East European Languages and Literatures list [SEELANGS at bama.ua.edu] On Behalf Of Jules Levin [ameliede at EARTHLINK.NET]
Sent: Sunday, August 28, 2011 9:04 PM
To: SEELANGS at bama.ua.edu
Subject: Re: [SEELANGS] Cyrillic and Latin characters

... my
secret hobby--seeing how many interesting Russian words I can form from
the English keyboard.  This turns out to be an excellent way to come up
with passwords that are easy to remember and also highly rated by the
web sites that actually rate the quality of your proposed password.
Here are the Cyrillic letters one can find on an English keyboard:
A B E 3 K M H O P C T Y X bI b   Note that this includes a digit and a
lower-case letter, thus satisfying the web sites that demand numbers and
lower and upper case.
Here are some words I formed off the top of my head.  I am sure one can
come up with many more: BECTb, BOCK, XBOCTb, HOPbI, TPYC, BY3bI, KPOBb,
3ABTPAKATb
Let the games begin!
Jules Levin
Los Angeles