Cyrillic and Latin characters

Robert A. Rothstein rar at SLAVIC.UMASS.EDU
Mon Aug 29 01:53:19 UTC 2011

On 8/28/2011 9:04 PM, Jules Levin wrote:
> I'm not sure I understand the above, but it inspired me to bring up my
> secret hobby--seeing how many interesting Russian words I can form
> from the English keyboard.  This turns out to be an excellent way to
> come up with passwords that are easy to remember and also highly rated
> by the web sites that actually rate the quality of your proposed
> password.
> Here are the Cyrillic letters one can find on an English keyboard:
> A B E 3 K M H O P C T Y X bI b   Note that this includes a digit and a
> lower-case letter, thus satisfying the web sites that demand numbers
> and lower and upper case.
> Here are some words I formed off the top of my head.  I am sure one
> can come up with many more: BECTb, BOCK, XBOCTb, HOPbI, TPYC, BY3bI,
> KPOBb, 3ABTPAKATb

Several years ago, while visiting my brother and sister-in-law in
Southern California, I spotted a license plate that read BCE DOMA. I
still wonder whether the driver of the SUV that bore that plate was
proclaiming her sanity or asserting that when she drove, everyone else
in the family stayed home.

Bob Rothstein