Tolstoy -Lermontov "Borodino"

William Nickell bnickell at UCSC.EDU
Tue Aug 30 14:14:59 UTC 2011

Hi Robert and Sasha,

Durylin did visit Yasnaya Polyana in 1909.  I thought there might be some record of his conversations with Tolstoy in Makovitskii, but alas, there is not.  The next place to check:  Durylin's sent a letter  to N. N. Gusev in which he describes his trip, passages from which were included in a letter from Gusev to Tolstoy.  The latter has likely been published.  [All of this information from Makovitskii, U Tolstogo]

Bill Nickell