Nationalism and Communism

Mevius, Martin M.Mevius at UVA.NL
Thu Jan 13 18:11:43 UTC 2011

Dear List members,

I am developing a course on relationship between nationalism and communism, from 1848 to 1989.  I've collected a reasonable bibliography of titles, still, I seem to be missing occasional gems that pop up every now and again.

I'd be grateful for any suggestions you may have. I am particularly interested in case studies of communist invented tradition (national or otherwise) in Central and Eastern Europe. But for the moment I am keeping the scope broad, so anything that could be remotely relevant would be of interest to me.

Many thanks,

Martin Mevius