Lev Luntz

Stefani, Sara Marie samastef at INDIANA.EDU
Thu Jan 20 15:49:10 UTC 2011

Dear Elena,

You can find a translation of Lunts's story "Native Land" as well as translations of his essays "Why We Are the Serapion Brothers," "Ideology and Publicistic Literature," and "Go West!" in "The Serapion Brothers: A Critical Anthology," edited by Gary Kern and Christopher Collins (Ardis), 1975. A translation of "The Diary of an Office Director" is in Russian Literature Triquarterly, number 2, Winter 1972.

All best,
Sara

From: SEELANGS: Slavic & East European Languages and Literatures list [SEELANGS at BAMA.UA.EDU] on behalf of Elena Ostrovskaya [elena.ostrovskaya at GMAIL.COM]
Sent: Thursday, January 20, 2011 4:49 AM
To: SEELANGS at BAMA.UA.EDU
Subject: [SEELANGS] Lev Luntz

Dear SEELANGERs,

A friend of a friend is looking for translations of Lev Luntz's works into
English. The only thing we were able to find so far was a recent (2009)
collection of Russian  drama: The Monkeys Are Coming. Russian Drama of the
1920s with one play by Luntz.
Even with the three versions of spelling for his last name (Lunts, Luntz,
Lunc), no more translations come up.
So, does anybody happen to know any others?

Thank you in advance

Elena Ostrovskaya,
Assistant Professor
Russian State University for the Humanities